Key Ideas to Study for Quiz
The quiz consists of 35 points. There are 17 multiple choice questions and 2 sets of matching (pick from a list of 2 descriptors for 10 and 8 items).
Key Questions to study (in no particular priority or order):
- Natural resource trap (Collier)
- Four development traps identified by Collier.
- Maddison’s history of African development (or lack thereof):
- Europeans and disease
- lack of property rights – causes and effects
- nomadic farming
- bottom billion
- structural adjustment
- IMF / World Bank / WTO
- Asian Contagion
- multi-national corporation
- free trade
- capital markets